Chief Engineer - 54 meter Super Yacht
- Engineering Jobs
- Chief Engineer
- 9,000 Euro + charter tips
- Start date:
- 14th July 2022
- Job posted:
- July 12, 2022
54 meter / 177 ft Super Yacht
Based in Spain
Immediate Start on a luxury yacht
Chief Engineer with a 3000 ton licence.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an qualified Engineer to join a well-known and high-profile luxury yacht based in Spain.
They seek a skilled and experienced Yacht Engineer to take responsibility for the safe and efficient running of the yacht ensuring the safety of maritime professionals and all travellers on a prestige, privately owned 54M superyacht.
Currently based in Spain - This is a short term contract for just under three months.
- Carry out watch keeping duties as required as per the vessels Safe Manning requirements
- Ensure all vessel equipment is maintained in a proper and safe working condition at all times, as dictated by the vessel's Safety Management System.
- Ensure the vesssel's communication equipment is fully operational at all times.
- Ensure any engineering work carried out onboard is done in a manner that is safe for personnel, the vessel itself and the environment, in accordance with guidilines set out in the Code of Safety Working Practices for Seamen, and the vessel's Risk Assessment and Permit to Work plans.
- Keep all relevant documents and logs up to date, including, but not limited to, the Engine Room Log, Oil Record Book, Refrigeration Log, Planned Maintenance and Work History Logs.
- Manage & Log the disposal of dirty oil, bilge water and sludge from the vessel according to regulations.
- Safely bunker fuel and oil accordingly to regulations.
- We seek candidates with experience on a similarly sized superyacht.
- You will possess all the relavant licences and qualifications qualifications required to hold a position of this responsbility.
- Engineering Certificate
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.