Chief Engineer 160’ Private SY- US, Caribbean, Canada
- Engineering Jobs
- Chief Engineer
- $8500 US - $10,000 US / Month
- Start date:
- Job posted:
- May 3, 2021
Are you an experienced Chief Engineer looking to join a beautifully built yacht by Alloy?
Do you hold a B1/B2 visa and available within 2 weeks for a long handover?
Join this very professional, state of the art sloop and its fun-loving crew as it sails the US, Caribbean and beyond.
The Chief Engineer will be extremely hands- on and will ideally have additional electrical/electronic ability. A/V and satellite experience is a plus.
The yacht houses a single screw, CAT driven engine around 1000 horse power
Being private the yacht is flexible and open on COC, and will be hiring more on experience, attitude and longevity.
The Chief Engineer will have a natural flare for the Ocean, will be well presented and enjoy a relaxed interaction with the guests and owners.
Will have a strong 2nd engineer for support + an experienced captain who has been with the vessel for 7 years +
A thorough extended handover will be given with the outgoing chief engineer who is leaving on excellent terms.
The upcoming summer itinerary will include New England region with future cruising to be confirmed. The yacht has spent summers in the Alaska & Canada regions in the past and highly likely for a Caribbean season towards the end of the year
The yacht is couples friendly (when other positions arise, but not at present)
The Ideal Candidate
- Chief or Sole Engineer experience on large Sail Yachts
- Flexible on ticket but would prefer around the Y4/Y3 ability
- STCW, ENG 1
- Looking for a fulltime commitment (no rotation is on offer)
- Experience with CAT engines , and hydraulics
- AV/IT Skills, a sound electrical aptitude
- Hands on in approach
- Strong preventative maintenance ability
- Can effectively coordinate yard periods in conjunction with captain.
- Good with logs and record keeping.
- B1/B2 visa
Start Date- ASAP
Salary Range- $8500 US - $10,000 US / Month (Depending on experience & ticket) , 42 days holiday + yearly return flight + Medical Insurance
B1/B2 visa is required for this role. US and Canadian citizens do not require the B1/B2 visa.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Chief Engineer
May 8, 2021 ✔ Approved
- Captain/Engineer couples with a stew/cook
May 7, 2021 ✔ Approved
- Mate/Engineer - Private/Charter 28m M/Y(Ref-HRC-SM-554)
May 6, 2021 - USA ✔ Approved
- Chief Engineer - 148ft Yacht
May 5, 2021 - Melbourne, Australia ✔ Approved
- Engineer Y3 or better for 36 meter converted tug
May 4, 2021 ✔ Approved