Deckhand/Engineer for 35-m Private MY based in the USA - DEGM
- Deck Jobs, Engineering Jobs
- Deckhand, Chief Engineer, 2nd Engineer, 3rd Engineer, Sole Engineer
- Job updated:
- September 14, 2022
- Are you looking for a varied role onboard?
- Are you handy with marine engines?
- Are you a Watersports Wizard?
We are looking for a young, energetic, hands-on deck/engineer looking for an exciting and varied position onboard. Working closely with the Captain/Engineer we are looking for a dedicated, switched on individual with a high level of interest in all things mechanical.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- 1 year minimum previous experience as a deckhand with engineering skills (AEC a bonus)
- Must be able to work quickly and able to learn new things
- Keen interest and experience in marine engineering
- Must be fit, active and be highly keen on all manner of watersports, surfing, kiting, etc
- Must have excellent tender driving experience
- Powerboat Level 2
- Valid STCW
- Valid ENG1
- B1/B2 visa or US residency is a must
Salary in US$ dependent on qualifications and experience;
Start date: As soon as the right person is found.
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent photo, indicate the validity date of your ENG1, your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
MLC regulations now require us to sight your primary qualification, your photo ID and your ENG1. So please send these also.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.