Chief Engineer - Yacht
- Date posted:
- September 14, 2020
- Engineering Jobs
- Chief Engineer
- Gold Coast
- 45M Superyacht
- Based on Eastern Seaboard of Australia
- Full time permanent position
An opportunity exists for an experienced and qualified Engineer to join a well-known and high-profile yacht based in Australia.
They seek a skilled and experienced Yacht Engineer to take responsibility for the safe and efficient running of the yacht ensuring the safety of maritime professionals and all travellers on a prestige, privately owned 45M superyacht.
- Carry out watch keeping duties as required as per the vessels Safe Manning requirements.
- Ensure all vessel equipment is maintained in a proper and safe working condition at all times, as dictated by the vessel’s Safety Management System.
- Ensure the vessel’s communication equipment is fully operational at all times.
- Ensure any engineering work carried out onboard is done in a manner that is safe for personnel, the vessel itself and the environment, in accordance with guidelines set out in the Code of Safe Working Practices for Seamen, and the vessel’s Risk Assessment and Permit to Work plans.
- Keep all relevant documents and logs up to date, including, but not limited to, the Engine Room Log, Oil Record Book, Refrigeration Log, Planned Maintenance, and Work History Logs.
- Manage & log the disposal of dirty oil, bilge water and sludge from the vessel according State regulations.
- Safely bunker fuel and oil according to State regulations.
We seek candidates with experience on a similarly sized superyacht with the ability to demonstrate a stable work history.
You will possess all the relevant licences and qualifications required to hold a position of this responsibility.
The position is offered on a full-time permanent basis with salary and benefits paid accordingly.
You will live on the vessel and have all expenses paid as well as salary.
- Police Check
- Drivers' License.
- This is a no smoking vessel.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on yachts matching the following requirements:
- Yacht sizes: 40-49m, 50-69m or > 70m
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Chief Engineer
October 23, 2020 - Spain ✔ Approved
- Chief Engineer • Private • Dubai | 42m MY
October 23, 2020 - Dubai - United Arab Emirates ✔ Approved
- Technical Manager - Superyacht
October 21, 2020 - France ✔ Approved
- Engineer EOOW / Y3 - Private 45 m M/Y (HRC - EDJ - 240)
October 21, 2020 - All ✔ Approved
- Rotational Chief Engineer
October 21, 2020 ✔ Approved