Rotation/Relief Crew Chef- 48m Private MY- Australia
- Date posted:
- October 8, 2019 MYS
- Galley Jobs
Are you a yacht chef looking for a position with flexibility?
A high end 48m private MY is on the search for a rotational crew chef for their Australian itinerary and beyond.
The chef will be rotating out with the head chef / owner’s chef and will largely be available for periods without guests onboard (with some flexibility)
The chef will be working up to 8 months / year giving a healthy balance to time at home to time onboard.
The chef may be requested to assist with guest food on occasion
The yacht will cruise the east coast of Australia, Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne with the intention of heading to the US in 2020
This is essentially an ongoing freelance/relief opportunity and will be paid at a day rate rather than salary
Cooking for roughly 9-10 crew
The Ideal Candidate
- Chef or cook experience on yachts
- Can provide healthy, nutritious and tasty crew meals
- Can maintain clean and organised stores
- Easy going personality who can work with a diverse crew
- Familiar with provisioning in Australia
- Is available to work a flexible work schedule
- STCW & Seafarer medical
- Work rights for Australia/NZ
Start- November 2019
Salary – To be paid at a day rate depending on experience and TBD with captain