Captain/Engineer for 35-m Charter MY in Australia (MEEM)
- March 6, 2018
- Deck Jobs
- AUD to be advised
Lead a professional team onboard this busy Motoryacht cruising West Coast of Australia and beyond!
- Are you an experienced Captain/Engineer with Aussie quals?
- Permanent position!
- Can you start right away?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Superyacht Captain/Engineer with previous experience on yachts up to 50-m. With a busy 2018 itinerary including the West Australian coast, Indonesia, PNG and the South Pacific we're looking for someone with previous charter experience, preferably in these areas.
We are looking for a leader with a good work ethic and excellent people skills who can ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the yacht and preferably be experienced in Australian and SE Asian waters.
Experience, Qualifications and Attributes desired:
- Preferred Australian Master 4 (AMSA) with experience on similar sized yachts
- MCA Master 500GT would be an advantage also
- MED2 minimum Engineering qualifications a bonus also
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Current STCW Basic Safety training certification including Security Awareness
- Prior charter yacht experience and advantage
- Knowledge of the Australian West Coast a big advantage
- Eligible to live and work in Australia – ie. Australian or NZ passport or Aust. Permanent Resident status
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-groomed with excellent personal presentation
- Positive and happy personality
Salary: To be paid in AUD - Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.