Head Chef- 85’ Expedition Vessel- Europe then Auckland Based
- February 27, 2018
- Galley Jobs
- US Dollars -On experience
Are you a culinary trained chef who has sights of being land based in Auckland?
Are you interested in joining a small crew and working for terrific kiwi owners?
A rare opportunity for an Australian or New Zealand chef to join this fabulous expedition style yacht that will be Auckland based from 2019.
The yacht operates a tight crew of four and will undertake relaxed family cruising along the French Riviera for the European summer only.
From there the yacht will be loaded on a cargo ship bound for Sydney in time to ring in the new year on the harbour.
Shortly after the yacht will make the pond crossing for Auckland to be based out of the Viaduct.
The chef will have a close working relationship with the owners and will work across both the yacht and the occasional residence function in both Auckland and in Sydney.
Chefs who have sights to be Auckland based from 2019 will be highly considered.
The family enjoys high quality pub grub and modern Australian/NZ cuisine, quality steaks, all varieties of fresh fish, seafood, lamb shanks and some Asian & Japanese cuisines.
The owners are most importantly looking for a family friendly, relaxed but professional culinary trained chef to develop a long-term working relationship with.
Holidays will be given for the duration of ships transport from Europe to Sydney
The Ideal Candidate
- Head Chef experience on Superyachts
- STCW & seafarer medical
- Diverse culinary range but with focus on Pub Gastronomy
- Happy to work the occasional function at the residence
- Can manage their own budgets and department
- Provision accurately and source the freshest of produce in all locations
- Maintain a clean and organised galley and stores
- Enjoys working as part of a small team
- Looking for a long-term position
- Will ideally be looking to be Auckland based from 2019
Start Date- April/May 2018
Salary- Paid in US dollars and to the extent of securing the right candidate
This is a terrific opportunity for one last European season before enjoying a terrific land based private chef position in Auckland
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.