Sydney Based Sole Stew/Cook/Deck help needed for a 100ft M/Y (SCCH)
- Are you living in Sydney?
- Do you have a superyacht background?
- Looking for a new all-rounder role onboard?
A lovely private/charter 100foot motor yacht in on the hunt for a new member to join their permanent crew of 2 (Captain & Sole Stew/Cook/Deck) and 3 casual crew! This vessel is Sydney based and the ideal candidate will have had experience in the yachting industry or on a yacht based in Sydney of similar size.
The successful candidate must have a high standard of cooking as you will be solely responsible for cooking and service for small groups on guest charters. If more than 10 guests, a chef will be onboard.
The primary role is working alongside the Captain and providing a high level of service in:
- The Housekeeping and Service departments (acting as sole stew)
- Food and Beverage (responsible for guest meals, canapes, service of food and beverages)
- Inventory maintenance and stock control, ensuring all provisions onboard are fully stoked
- Interior purchasing and provisioning
- Laundry & Ironing
- Line Handling when required
- Tender driving experience highly regarded
- Assisting with other tasks as directed by the Captain
This is not a live aboard position, you would need to have your own accommodation in Sydney. However, if/when the yacht is cruising overnight, you will be using the crew accommodation on board.
The yacht is looking for a Stewardess who has good presentation and interpersonal skills, a mature outlook and is well organised. You would also ideally have strong super yacht/white boat background and be flexible and adaptable to change.
- STW95 Certificate
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Boat License
- Seafarer's Medical
START DATE: ASAP
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent position.
SALARY: To be negotiated, depending upon experience
You will need to be legal to work in Australia, ie Aust. or NZ passport or permanent residency for Australia
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.