Sydney Based Sole Stew/Cook/Deck help needed for a 100ft M/Y (SCCH)
- Are you living in Sydney?
- Do you have a superyacht background?
- Looking for a new all-rounder role onboard?
A lovely private/charter 100foot motor yacht in on the hunt for a new member to join their permanent crew of 2 (Captain & Sole Stew/Cook/Deck) and 3 casual crew! This vessel is Sydney based and the ideal candidate will have had experience in the yachting industry or on a yacht based in Sydney of similar size.
The successful candidate must have a high standard of cooking as you will be solely responsible for cooking and service for small groups on guest charters. If more than 10 guests, a chef will be onboard.
The primary role is working alongside the Captain and providing a high level of service in:
- The Housekeeping and Service departments (acting as sole stew)
- Food and Beverage (responsible for guest meals, canapes, service of food and beverages)
- Inventory maintenance and stock control, ensuring all provisions onboard are fully stoked
- Interior purchasing and provisioning
- Laundry & Ironing
- Line Handling when required
- Tender driving experience highly regarded
- Assisting with other tasks as directed by the Captain
This is not a live aboard position, you would need to have your own accommodation in Sydney. However, if/when the yacht is cruising overnight, you will be using the crew accommodation on board.
The yacht is looking for a Stewardess who has good presentation and interpersonal skills, a mature outlook and is well organised. You would also ideally have strong super yacht/white boat background and be flexible and adaptable to change.
- STW95 Certificate
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Boat License
- Seafarer's Medical
START DATE: ASAP
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent position.
SALARY: To be negotiated, depending upon experience
You will need to be legal to work in Australia, ie Aust. or NZ passport or permanent residency for Australia
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Chefs, Cook/Stewardesses & Cook/Stewards
November 11, 2018 ✔ Approved
- Cook / Steward(ess) 27m (90ft) SY Cruiser / Racer
November 6, 2018 - USA / CARIBBEAN ✔ Approved
November 5, 2018 - Worldwide ✔ Approved
- Cook/Chef/Stew 30m Private Yacht- Fijian Islands
November 5, 2018 - Fiji ✔ Approved
- Captain & Cook/Stewardess Couple
November 1, 2018 - Med ✔ Approved