Chief Engineer 45m Private MY- Mexico, Caribbean, Greece
- Date posted:
- February 9, 2018
- Engineering Jobs
- US & Europe
Are you an experienced engineer looking to join a world travelling program?
Do you value working for good owners and crew?
An extremely well run private MY is on the search for an experienced engineer to join their exciting cruising schedule.
The departing engineer has been with the owners for 15 years and will give a thorough handover to the engineer arriving.
The yacht will be heading down the west coast of the states, Mexico, through the canal and continuing for the tail end of the Caribbean season. The yacht will then cross to the Med and cruise the Greek islands, with a possibility of continuing East for some off the beaten track cruising
The yacht has completed 2 circumnavigations in the last 8 years and the crew enjoy an adventurous and active lifestyle in the various locations which they visit
The yacht has a watersports and fishing focus but with no jet skis and a new Castoldi being shipped from Europe in March
The yacht is private so will consider experienced engineers without the ticket but will prefer candidates with or close to a Y4 or Y3.
The yacht has a healthy budget so will pay on the level of experience and ticket
Caterpillar engines and cruising speed of around 14 knots
The Ideal Candidate
- Above all will be enthusiastic with a positive attitude towards yachting
- Energetic, active and hands on
- Chief engineer experience on vessels 40m+ or 2nd on 60m+
- Good technical knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Sound preventative maintenance skills
- Looking for career progression and building on tickets and sea time
- Y4 or Y3 but will consider strong un-ticketed
- STCW, ENG 1, B1/B2 (preferred)
Start Date: Flexible (March/April)
Salary: Above industry standard (paid in US dollars) & to match the candidates experience
This is a terrific opportunity to join a well-established superyacht with adventurous owners who are familiar with superyachts and the costs associated with maintaining them
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Assistant Hotel Engineer - 100m+ New Build M/Y
May 24, 2018 - Northern Europe ✔ Approved
- Mecanico/Marinero - 32 mtr MY
May 24, 2018 ✔ Approved
- Sole Engineer
May 23, 2018 - US Atlantic SE ✔ Approved
- Experienced Engineer Needed For A 37m Expedition Motor Yacht (private)
May 17, 2018 - Spain, Europe. ✔ Approved
- Y4 Engineer
May 17, 2018 ✔ Approved