Executive Housekeeper/Cook for private residence in Double Bay! (DBHC)
- Are you experienced as a housekeeper in private residences?
- Confident with cooking?
- Work in the beautiful Eastern Suburbs!
We are currently searching for an experienced Executive Housekeeper to work in a lovely large property in the Eastern Suburbs. The last person in this role has sadly left the residence after 25 years working with the family!
The role requires the successful candidate to perform Housekeeping and Cooking duties as well as ad-hoc tasks as requested.
The family employs a two cleaners who come once a week, however the Executive Housekeeper will be solely responsible for the Master bedroom and all laundry, washing, ironing along with general touch ups during the week.
General duties will include:
- General housekeeper tasks including tidying, laundry/ironing duties
- Preparing & cooking evening meals for two principals
- Shopping for provisions
- Running errands
- Ad-hoc tasks for the family as required
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous Housekeeping experience
- Have knowledge of correct cleaning and laundry procedures
- Be a confident cook - you will be required to prepare and cook meals daily
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be mature and confident
- Be detail oriented with a memory for the Principals preferences
- Live reasonably locally (ideally within the Eastern Suburbs)
- Have a current Australian drivers licence (clean) and own transport
- Have the ability to obtain a Police Check
Hours: Approximately 20 hours.Starting approx 2pm (different each day) 4 days a week flexible with days and hours. can be Monday-Friday with a day off in the middle.
Salary: $30 an hour
Start: As soon as the right person is found! Long term commitments only.
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. It also helps to have a good quality recent photo and written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.