- Chinese Chef
- Date posted:
- October 12, 2017
- Shore Based Jobs
- 100-120K | DOE + Benefits
- Atherton, California
100-120K | DOE
Private Chef needed for a family of five (three children, ages 4, 8, & 13). Our client will consider chefs who have experience cooking a wide range of Mediterranean and Asian cuisines. Specifically, candidates must be skilled with Chinese cuisines, preferably Shanghai, Zhejiang or Cantonese.
Our client is seeking a chef who will be responsible for preparing Lunch | Dinner 5 days a week and leaving healthy prepared foods/snacks in the refrigerator for days off. Health-conscious, organic, and clean foods preferred. Chef applicants must be flexible to work occasional weekend days.
Qualified candidates will be scheduled for trial dinners and paid an hourly rate for their time. Chefs should be discreet, friendly and professional. The ideal candidate will be a team player and willing to pitch-in where needed.
- Lunch | Dinner
- Monday-Friday: Occasional Saturdays
- Start Date: Immediately
- Open to Chefs in California
- Creating menus for family meals; occasional dinner parties and special events
- Plated and family style dinners, chef sets the table, serves and cleans up after service
- Food inventory control
- Grocery shopping for all food/kitchen items
- Leave healthy snacks in the refrigerator
- Prepare food for days off
- Organize and manage the kitchen’s pantry
- Kitchen sanitation is VERY important to our client, the chef is responsible for the cleaning and organizing the kitchen, cleaning the floor, appliances, exhaust fan, drawers, etc.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, to accommodate occasional changes
- Must have strong experience with international cuisines
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Must have excellent references from past employers
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record-willing to use personal vehicle for work
- Should be able to gracefully accept constructive criticism
- Private cooking experience preferred, not mandatory
- 100-120K | DOE
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, Chinese