- Las Vegas Chef
- Date posted:
- October 12, 2017
- Shore Based Jobs
- 110-150K + Benefits
- Las Vegas, Nevada
$110-150k | DOE
Las Vegas, Nevada family of five has an immediate need for a skilled chef to join their household team. The chef who is hired will need to have the availability to work a very flexible schedule; the principal’s plans change regularly. The chef must have extensive experience cooking a variety of healthy cuisines and be willing to entertain frequent house guests and private parties. Some travel required. Longevity in past positions is very important to our client; they will consider chefs who have spent 3+ years in most past positions. Recent high-profile restaurant experience is required.
Dinner is a family event every evening. A dinner menu usually consists of a composed salad, an appetizer, a soup, 2 or 3 entrées and a dessert. The butler serves all meals.Chefs must have extensive experience with Italian cooking and should be well-versed in a variety of other cuisines, Asain, Mexican, Mediterranean, etc.
- Highly flexible schedule-Hours and days of service will vary based on the needs of the family.
- Long hours, late nights, weekends, holidays
- Start Date: ASAP
- Prepare high-level dinners for family, and house guests, on weekdays, lunch on Saturdays, lunch and dinner on Sundays
- Coordinate schedule with the family and the second chef
- Food/wine inventory control
- Grocery shopping for all food/kitchen/supplies
- Leave snacks in the refrigerator
- Prepare food for following days as needed
- Organize and manage the kitchen
- Chef should have a keen understanding of food/ kitchen sanitation
- Setting the table/table service
- Stock house with all beverages/supplies
- Able to provide a very busy restaurant-style work schedule
- Must be able to willingly accommodate needs of the family, and last minute schedule changes
- Must have extensive experience in nationally recognized restaurants
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Excellent references from past employers
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record-willing to use personal vehicle for work
- Must be able to willingly accommodate needs of the family
- Emphasis on authentic Mexican cuisine, American and Spa Cuisines.
- Chef must possess excellent baking skills.
$110-150k | DOE
Good knowledge of the English language is required.