2nd Engineer (MY 60m New Build) (Min Y4)
A fit, keen, experienced, and hard-working second engineer is required for a 60-meter new-build vessel based in North America with an upcoming global cruising itinerary. The vessel is state-of-the-art propulsion systems, full ISM, and operates as a commercial vessel. The ideal candidate should hold a minimum of Y4 but preferrably Y3 or a higher Certificate of Comptentancy and should possess a good amount of AV/IT skill. The right engineer should have excellent hands-on mechanical skills and aptitude, be able to follow instructions with ease, and be willing and more than able to take on tasks autonomously and timeously. Candidates must be willing to learn and be teachable, as well as give of themselves at all times in any situation, including on deck, with guests and owners, and by supporting the crew with a clear positive attitude.
The role is to start in mid-February 2024 with an initial 5 months onboard to get you familiar with the vessel and show your commitment to the program. The role will then become rotational on a time-for-time basis. Rotation has been approved by the owners for a committed engineer. The vessel may consider an earlier start but that is negotiable.
There is no COVID-19 requirement. A B1/B2 visa is a strict requirement. Candidates will be given the opportunity to secure a visa with the vessel's support if they are chosen as the final candidate.
- Valid STCW '10 Certificates
- Valid ENG1 medical with no restrictions
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD)
- Certificate of Competency (COC): Minimum Y4 or equivalent
- Minimum of 3+ years of yachting or similar experience
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical ability
- AVIT System knowledge and experience are a requirement. The stronger you are, the better your chances of landing this role.
- IDEA planned maintenance experience is an advantage
- Holders of B1/B2 visas are preferred but all candidates will be considered.
- Fit, active, and of good health and sobriety
- Must speak fluent English
- Watersports, diving, surfing, fishing, and sailing experience are big pluses.
- Must have good written references and contact details must be provided
- Initial Salary: USD 6,500 - 7,000 / month DOE and negotiable
- Rotational Salary: USD 6,000 / month DOE and negotiable
- Initial 5-month commitment before rotation time-for-time installed later on in the year. Rotation pre-approved by owner.
- Annual salary review and increases given.
- Second Engineers desk and computer in ECR
- Flights paid
- Medical paid
- Shared cabin
- Charter tips and bonuses are paid and split between crew
- Busy itinerary with shipyards, crossings, and worldwide cruising planned (Pacifc Islands scheduled for 2024)
- Excellent opportunity to build miles and seatime
- A new-build vessel with brand new systems and state-of-the-art technology
Apply with SECTRE Maritime Technical Recruitment today!
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- 2nd ENG 50M
November 30, 2023 - Fort Lauderdale, Florida ✔ Approved
- 2nd Engineer
November 30, 2023 ✔ Approved
- Lecturer in Marine Engineering
November 12, 2023 - United Kingdom ✔ Approved
- Deckhand/Engineer for 35-m Private MY based in the USA - DEGM
November 11, 2023 - USA ✔ Approved
- 2nd ENG 54M
November 9, 2023 - Fort Lauderdale, Florida ✔ Approved