Chief Officer (54m Private)
We are looking for a disciplined, no drama , hit the deck running Chief Officer to join our deck team of 5.
Start date : End Oct / Early Nov
Minimum certificate : Chief Mate 3000 or close to obtaining.
Essential skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Solo navigational watchkeeping
- ISM and MARPOL at fingertips
- Strong leadership
- Advanced communication and the ability to work with non English speaking guests
- Watersports expertise
- Excellent tender driving
- First class deck maintenance knowledge
- Highly adaptable
- Strong sense of safety
Characteristics, skills and knowledge that will make you stand out:
- Advanced drive time
- Navigation using paper charts
- Accounts management
- Chief Officer on 40+m
- 2nd officer on 60+m
In return, the yacht offers :
-30 days annual leave
-2 round repatriation flights annually
- Paid courses after 1 year of service
- Annual performance based bonus
-Annual salary review.
- Cruising in Asia, off the beaten path.
- Accomodation whilst at home berth
- USD6000 - 6500 per month DOE.
This position is not suited for those looking to do the med - Caribbean milk run. Instead, it is suited for chief officers who are looking to prove themselves to eventually gain the certificates, knowledge and skills to be a relief captain.
Only apply if you meet the criteria listed above. Good luck!
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on yachts matching the following requirements:
- Yacht sizes: 40-49m, 50-69m or > 70m
- Yacht types: motor
- Yacht uses: private
- Experience length: min 5 years
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.