Full-Time 2nd Steward(ess)
- Interior Jobs
- 2nd Steward(ess)
- US$3,000 - $4,500
- Start date:
- Job posted:
- May 17, 2022
We are currently looking for a Full-Time 2nd and 3rd Steward(ess) to join our crew as soon as possible!
The role of the Stewards/steward(ess) is to carry out their duties under the direction of the Chief Stewardess and the Master. They should support and work closely with the Chief Stewardess and other interior staff to maintain the highest level of service, organization, cleanliness, and inventory of all departments, maintaining clear and efficient communication.
They are jointly responsible for the safety of passengers. They must provide them with safety equipment, ensuring they are properly assisted and directed during an emergency to avoid panic and greater danger. The routines and disciplines must follow the vessel's Safety Management System and General Standing Orders at all times.
Duties and tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent guest services, assisting in the planning and quality service for formal dinners, displaying expert bartending skills, and high-quality food.
- Maintain interior cleaning, laundry, ironing for guests, and laundry for the crew.
- Maintain inventory of wines, spirits, cigars, and guest gifts and inform the chief stewardess when purchases should be made, providing updated lists for customs clearance.
- Assist galley staff to ensure safe health and hygiene procedures are followed when dealing with guest and crew food.
- Report any damages or maintenance required in the interior to the chief stewardess
- Assist the chief stewardess in overseeing contractors working onboard the vessel
- Assist the chief stewardess with all guest relations and logistics planning when needed
- Monitor stock levels of food, beverages, toiletries, and guest supplies and report to the chief stewardess when supplies need to be ordered
- Carry out the functions as indicated on the Ship's Muster List
- Valid Passport
- Visa B1/B2
- Spanish speaker
- ENG1 Medical Certificate
- Full-time and permanent position for the right candidate
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on cruise ships or yachts matching the following requirements:
- Experience length: min 6 months
Good knowledge of the Spanish language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
B1/B2 visa is required for this role. US and Canadian citizens do not require the B1/B2 visa.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- 2nd Stewardess, Charter, SOF, 53m M/Y
June 28, 2022 ✔ Approved
- 2nd Stewardess required for a 50m
June 27, 2022 ✔ Approved
- Temporary Stewardess - Private 80m M/Y (Ref: YM-KL- 1509)
June 27, 2022 - Worldwide ✔ Approved
- 2nd Stewardess
June 25, 2022 ✔ Approved
- 2nd Steward(ess), Private, Monaco, 34m
June 24, 2022 ✔ Approved