Full-Time Chief Stewardess
- Interior Jobs
- Chief Steward(ess)
- US$5,000 - 5,500
- Start date:
- Job posted:
- May 16, 2022
- Responsible to the Master for the hotel services, guest facilities, cleanliness, and tidiness of the interior cabins and common areas. He or She is responsible for the well-being, comfort, and safety of passengers and guests. They are required to maintain the highest level of service, organization, cleanliness, and inventory of all service departments within the interior.
- Responsible for the safety of guests and the safety arrangements and facilities in their cabins. They are to demonstrate the use of the safety equipment and ensure guests are assisted and directed as appropriate in an emergency. They must ensure that any children or disabled passengers have special arrangements to ensure their safety. (Section 7.6.4)
- Responsible for the collection of all passenger travel documentation (passports, visas, etc.) and the creation of the passenger lists in cooperation with the bridge.
- Responsible for the oversight, inventory, and management of all uniforms, service items, interior supplies, guest wines, spirits, cigars, and gifts and arranging relative purchases in a timely fashion. They are to assist with the coordination of guest activities, booking tours, restaurants, spa days, and other appointments for guests.
- Responsible for the creation and management of Stewardess schedules for guest service and cleaning, and for the preparation of the vessel's interior for the sea.
The Chief Steward(ess) will ensure that all staff in their department are familiar with and trained in all policies, procedures, and safe working practices described within the Safety Management System and Master's General Standing Orders.
The Chief Steward(ess) will work with the Chef in organizing the serving of meals for both guests and crew. Also, report to the Safety Officer any non-conformities, accidents, or incidents occurrences in his or her department, and must carry out his duties as indicated on the Ship's Muster List and other duties as delegated by the Master or Department Head.
- Valid Passport
- Visa B1/B2
- ENG1 Medical Certificate
- Spanish speaker
- Full-time and permanent position for the right candidate
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on cruise ships or yachts matching the following requirements:
- Experience length: min 6 months
Good knowledge of the Spanish language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
B1/B2 visa is required for this role. US and Canadian citizens do not require the B1/B2 visa.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Temp Chief Stew
June 27, 2022 ✔ Approved
- Chief Stew
June 27, 2022 ✔ Approved
- Chief Stewardess – 80 mtr + Sail Yacht – Seasonal
June 25, 2022 - Mediterranean ✔ Approved
- Rotational Chief Stew 85m+
June 25, 2022 ✔ Approved
- Chief Stew for 100M + research vessel - worldwide itinerary
June 24, 2022 ✔ Approved