M/Y 55M Couple Captain / Chief Stewardess
- Other Jobs
- Captain, Chief Steward(ess)
- Industry standard. To be discussed and finalized during the interview process.
- Start date:
- Job posted:
- December 19, 2021
Quick description of the opportunities offered:
>55m motor yacht looking for a dynamic and organized captain/chief stewardess couple with experience working together. This position would suit candidates trying to step up in vessel size, showing proved longevity in their previous employments.
Computer skills are as much needed than practical skills for both positions. It is a private/charter operation with 9/10 crew on board during the single Mediterranean season. The place where the boat will be located next winter remains to be determined. The owner wants to keep his crew for the very long term and wants to offer possibilities to grow with him.
Private & Charter single Mediterranean season. The owner normally uses the vessel in May, June, September and charters it for July and August. The cruising area for the summer 2022 has not been determined yet.
The captain will work in close cooperation with the management:
- Complete all the pending warranty issues in the shipyard before April 2022.
- Complete the annual ABS and CISR annual surveys for 499GT vessel.
- Manage the boat budget closely, using Voly.
- Organize a successful team of 9/10 crew for the summer.
- Organize the summer charter season with the central agent.
The chief stewardess will work in cooperation with the captain and the management:
- Organize the interior with the assistant of a winter stew/crew cook who will become the 2nd or 3rd stew during the summer.
- Monitor the provisioning, the crew laundry and the stew/crew cook for the galley operation and maintenance.
- Monitor the upkeep of the interior department on a daily basis.
- Detail clean the entire vessel.
- Review all the inventories, potentially make list of items to purchase before the season and request quotes
- Put in place an operational system for the season with 2 stewardesses in addition of herself.
Captain: Minimum master 500GT, but preferably master 3000GT with all the certificates updated until at least October 2022 and the ENG1 valid for more than 12 months.
Chief stewardess: STCW, Food & Hygiene Level2 updated until at least October 2022 and the ENG1 valid for more than 12 months.
ENG1 (valid for 12 months minimum)
STCW + Refresher valid minimum until Oct 2022
Passport (valid min. 1 year)
Schengen Visa if needed (valid min 1 year)
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on yachts matching the following requirements:
- Yacht sizes: 40-49m
- Yacht types: motor
- Yacht uses: charter
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
Schengen visa is required for this role.