Technical Yacht Manager
- Shore-Based Jobs
- Maritime / Technical
- Competitive package offered
- United States
- Job posted:
- July 23, 2021
I am currently working with a growing Yacht Management Company, and have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Yacht Manager to join their team in the Florida. (The existing right to live and work in the USA is essential - Green Card or US Passport only)
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Deck or Engineering professional within the Superyacht industry, to take the next step in their career and move shorebased.
As Technical Yacht Manager you will enjoy a varied role. Key responsibilities of the role include conducting technical audits and inspections, technical surveys, ordering supplies, budgeting, planning Dry Dockings/ maintenance periods, project management, report writing and ensuring that all technical upkeep is delivered. It will be your responsibility to ensure that work is completed on time, within budget and kept to company standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Existing experience as Chief Engineer / Technical Manager, Surveying background or Technical Deck experience.
- Superyacht Experience is essential.
- It is essential that you have strong Shipyard, New build and refit experience.
- Project Management experience would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good attention to detail
- Fluent English language skills and Computer Literacy
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join a leading company, enjoy an attractive package and travel.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.