- Shore Based Jobs
- Maritime / Technical
- $80,000 - $90,000
- United States
- Job updated:
- February 22, 2021
We are working with a leading Global Yacht Management company who is looking for a Technical Manager to join their technical project management team based out of the Fort Lauderdale office. It is essential that you have the right to live and work in the USA (American passport or Green Card).
You will be required to have significant experience and knowledge of the yachting industry, as well as proven confidence in a shipyard setting / refit environment and working with Class and Flag compliance.
Strong technical skills and superyacht operational knowledge, as well as excellent administrative skills and financial acumen are all so required.
The Technical Manager will also be a significant participant in identifying new business opportunities through their established network of clients and contacts.
The Technical manager will also be required to have;
- At least 1 years' experience as a shore side superintendent or in a similar technical yacht management role.
- Excellent knowledge of Classification, Flag, ISM/ISPS, SOLAS, Passenger Yacht or Large Yacht Code requirements.
- Marine engineering degree or comparable seagoing experience in an engineering capacity, preferable as Y3 Engineer or greater experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Refit experience is a MUST.
- 2+ years Super Yacht experience required, preferably refit or shipyard experience.
- Strong understanding of the operations of a yacht along with practical experience onboard.
- Familiarity with shipyards and experience in a shipyard environment; knowledge of local vendors - engines, electrical, paint, fiberglass, carpentry etc.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities through a demonstrated network of clients and contacts.
In return for your hard work you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.