- Date posted:
- July 29, 2020 Faststream Recruitment
- Engineering Jobs
- 2nd Engineer
- $6500 - $7000 per month
- United States
I am currently working with an established private yacht who require an experienced 2nd engineer to be based onboard in the United States.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious 2nd engineer or sole engineer to be a part of a professional, hardworking team to maintain the high running standards of the yacht.
As 2nd Engineer you will be directly reporting to the chief engineer on board, working alongside the engineering team. Job roles will include-
- Safely carry out sole, un-supervised ER watches from the ECR while underway, including inspection rounds of the operating machinery and various spaces.
- Ensure all system and equipment maintenance schedules are adhered to
- Efficiently identify and diagnose machinery faults and effect the necessary repairs
- Assist the Chief Engineer with implementing, accurately documenting and maintaining the various operational and administrative records and logs
- Assist with the development and upkeep of a wide range of inventories
- Maintain the cleanliness of the ER including all equipment, machinery spaces, tanks and bilges through regularly scheduled inspections and cleaning procedures.
- Assist on deck during docking procedures as and where directed by the C.Officer.
- Carry out the required duties for this position as directed by the station bill when exercising the various drills practiced onboard.
- Research and become familiar with all systems onboard including their operation and isolation procedures, particularly for all Emergency and Safety systems onboard.
The ideal candidate will have:
- MCA Y3 Certification (minimum)
- Have not less than 18 months experience acting as 2nd Engineer on a similar size yacht, or alternatively 12 months acting as sole Engineer on a smaller vessel.
- Have not less than 5 years of relevant yachting experience.
- Thoroughly familiar and comfortable with all engineering systems and procedures
- IT and AV savvy, including having a good level of computer literacy.
- Possess the skills to complete a wide variety of maintenance tasks and equipment repairs.
- Tender driving skills and competency a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- A conscientious attitude and solid work ethic
This position offers a generous salary amongst other benefits such as travel pay, bonus payments and holiday increase with length of service. There are learning and development opportunities with this position should the successful applicant which to further their studies.
Due to the high volume of applications for this position, we will only be able to contact you if you are shortlisted.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Engineer • Private/Charter • Italy | 31m- Malta flag
August 8, 2020 - Split, Croatia ✔ Approved
- 2nd Engineer
August 7, 2020 ✔ Approved
- Temp Marine Engineer (Yacht) - Middle East
August 6, 2020 - Middle East ✔ Approved
- Delivery Engineer 47m Private MY – Singapore
August 5, 2020 - Singapore ✔ Approved
- Deck/Engineer for 30 meter private yacht based in Daytona, FL
August 4, 2020 ✔ Approved