General Manager - Boutique Resort - Caribbean (Ref - Lr 18186)
- Date posted:
- March 23, 2020 Hill Robinson
- Shore Based Jobs
- Caribbean Region
|Work type:||Full time|
|Market sector:||Shore Based Position|
|Recruiting area:||Northern Europe, Baltic Sea, Germany, United Kingdom, Holland, Western Mediterranean, Gibraltar, Spain, Barcelona, Palma, South of France, Antibes, Italy, Genoa, Eastern Mediterranean, Croatia, Greece, Turkey, Middle East, Canary Isles, Azores, South Africa, East Coast USA, Maine, New Port, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Northern Caribbean, St Marten, Antigua, Southern Caribbean, West Coast USA, San Diego, San Francisco, East Coast Canada, West Coast Canada, Alaska, Central America, South America, Eastern Pacific, Western Pacific, Hong Kong, SE Asia, Philippines, Pattaya, Phuket, Singapore, Bali, Langkawi, Penang, Indian Ocean, Red Sea, South Pacific, Tahiti, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand|
|Minimum experience:||2 years|
*** PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A LAND BASED POSITION***
Seeking a very Experienced Resort General Manager who can create an exceptional experience for the upscale, discreet clients while administering operations with military precision.
This position would also suit a Yacht Captain wanting to move ashore!
Private Island - Caribbean Region
Start Date : Planned for April – however will be on stand-by due to current COVID-19 situation
Salary : DOE, with 4 weeks leave
Live-in accommodation provided
- Oversee all aspects of operations, lodging, food and beverage management, staffing and staff management, housekeeping, transportation, sporting activities and guest services required to run the resort to the highest standard. This includes island, marine and mainland operations.
- Vetting, hiring, training, managing staff members across all departments on island, marine and mainland.
- Administer varied off-the-grid mechanical systems including water, solar power, waste water, landscaping.
- Oversee complicated marine and aviation operations including rules, safety, mechanical, economy and logistics.
- Oversee all island activities including specialty sports, safety procedures and staffing.
- Report weekly to Director of Operations and Local Owners Representative on progress and issues.
- Involvement with company marketing and social media efforts as required.
- Must enjoy living in a remote location and have proven experience creating an intimate atmosphere for discreet guests.
- Proven experience managing staff and ensuring a productive and positive work environment.
- Must facilitate a creative vision throughout the resort.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish/English and additional languages preferred
- Must have a sustainable operations mindset, working towards zero waste.
- Must have expertise with Food and Beverage procurement and supply chain including oversight of fresh, gourmet, local cuisine.
- Must be physically fit and enjoy working outdoors
**correct at time of posting/subject to change based on COVID-19 pandemic**
** We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please read the full job description very carefully and ensure you meet all the criteria listed before applying. Only if your application meets all the criteria shall the Crew Specialist managing the position be in touch further via email/phone.**
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.