2nd Engineer- 60m Expedition/Scientific Research Motor Yacht
- Date posted:
- December 29, 2019
- Engineering Jobs
- $10, 833 AUD / Month DOE
- Perth, Australia
Interested in joining a yacht with Scientific research focus?
Do you enjoy a mixture of off the beaten track cruising and a yacht with a home base?
World cruising expedition motor yacht that maintains a permanent berth in Perth, WA seeks an experienced 2nd engineer (with AV/IT Skills) to join their professional team.
The yacht will be used for scientific/research missions throughout the WA, Indian Ocean and Antarctica regions
The yacht will undertake a few prolonged trips away however will maintain a permanent residence in Perth (around 6 months/ year)
Based in Perth, the yacht has plans for an Antarctic Voyage and will be going through the ice rating survey inspections.
This, with the addition of a soon to be completed helicopter pad extension the vessel will look to cruise very remote destinations throughout the Indian Ocean and beyond!
The yacht will undertake a few prolonged trips away however will maintain a permanent residence in Perth (around 6 months)
Perfect for a 2nd engineer looking for a yacht that offers life balance between time at home and time at sea
Will be working under the guidance of 2 very experience rotating chief engineers
Must be a team player with the following skills:
- Y4/Y3, EOOW or MEC 3 minimum
- Some AV/IT skills
- Experience with IDEA planned maintenance system
- Hands on to work closely with C/E.
- Must be able to pick things up quick and hit the ground running.
- Should have positive attitude with a love of the ocean. Will suit an individual who enjoys surfing, kiting, fishing, diving.
- Great young crew with a sense of adventure.
- Good longevity & references
- Work Rights for Australia
Salary offered: $10, 833 AUD / Month DOE
Leave allowance: 6 weeks annual
Itinerary: Australia, Asia, Antarctica over the next 4 yrs
Start Date: Flexible, Ideally Early/Mid-January but can wait for right person
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- 2nd Engineer
February 25, 2020 ✔ Approved
- Rotational 2nd Engineer - 75m Private M/Y (Ref Ed 18114)
February 24, 2020 - Middle East ✔ Approved
- Rotational 2nd Engineer (Y3)
February 23, 2020 ✔ Approved
- Second Engineer • Charter • Dual Season |70+m
February 20, 2020 - Worldwide ✔ Approved
- Deck/Engineer required to join a New Build S/Y ASAP
February 19, 2020 ✔ Approved