PY Atlantis Azores
Do you dream about working in warmer climes? Going scuba diving in the heart of the coral triangle as part of your job description? Right now we are hiring for the position of a Boat Manager. Challenging, fun and varied. We are looking for strong manager who only accept the highest standards but have a taste for something a little different.
- Oversee the operation of all aspects of a liveaboard dive yacht and approximately 11, mostly local, staff that work there.
- Reporting to the General Manager and Chief Operating Officer.
- Catering to largely international guests who visit for a week or more of scuba diving the role is "hands on" and "guest focused".
- Hours are long but the rewards of guest feedback, working in a tropical climate as well as an enjoyable and challenging career make for a unique opportunity.
- Working with the GM and COO, Boat Manager not only help formulate policy, but have to be able to find appropriate ways and means of making policy work.
- The role is results driven and Boat Manager has to possess a varied skill set from engineering and overall command on the boat, finance and accountability to customer service and great people skills.
- Leadership skills, persistence and ability to make things work are likewise key attributes.
- A day at work can be as varied as dealing with complex medical evacuations/ maintenance issues to staff training to being on a diving day trip with prospective agents.
- Please do not apply unless you meet these minimum requirements:
- This is a single position; the candidate must be prepared to start work between December 15, 2019 to January 1, 2020. The position involves living in the Philippines and working a 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off schedule
- At least two years liveaboard experience and at least one year’s management experience
- PADI OWSI (or higher) with Nitrox
- At least 150 certifications to different levels
- At least 750 logged dives
- Fluent spoken and written English
- with experience as a Yacht Captain
- Good mechanical and engineering knowledge
- Dry dock experience a plus
In addition we are looking for candidates with the following attributes/skills:
- Have a College degree or equivalent
- Maritime Licenses
- U/W Photo or Video skills (commission available)
- Mechanical or Repair skills
- Additional languages besides English
- Have exceptional guest care and people skills