Captain- 40-50M MY, Sydney
- Date posted:
- September 18, 2019 Quest Personnel
- Deck Jobs
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Captain to lead the crew of a >40M meter motor yacht based in Sydney
It is absolutely essential that you know the Eastern Seaboard and are extremely familiar with the Barrier Reef area.
Our client is seeking a permanent Captain who they hope will be in the role long-term.
As Captain, you are responsible for the total operation of a 45m steel hull super yacht.
You will be in charge of 4 full time staff and act as the CEO of a large prestige super yacht , ensuring that all operations, personnel and a large budget are managed efficiently. You are responsible for the supervision of the crew and all day-to-day operations of the vessel.
This is a private yacht and is not used at any time for charter.
Responsibilities will include:
- Keeping financial records and making and meeting budgets
- Planning and making reservations
- Maintaining a list of of contacts around the globe for parts and services that may be needed to maintain the yacht
- Working closely with the owner and developing a sound understanding of their requirements
The minimum qualifications for a yacht Captain position include:
- 5 years experience as a Chief Officer on an Australian vessel of similar size i.e. 500 tonne
- Current License for a vessel of this size
- A proven record of navigation and particularly experience within the Great Barrier Reef areas
- Management skills
- Public Relations skills
- Exceptional communication and service skills
- Budgeting and accounting skills
- Emergency management
- Engineering knowledge
- Environmental regulations
- Insurance considerations
- Computer literate
It is also essential that you are currently employed in a similar position, on a vessel of a similiar size, and therefore have very current experience.
Salary is highly negotiable commensurate with experience.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
October 12, 2019 - West Mediterranean ✔ Approved
- We are looking for an experienced Captain/Engineer to join a 25m+ private M/Y
October 11, 2019 ✔ Approved
- Seasonal Captain Position 45m Private/Charter Classic S/Y
October 9, 2019 - Mediterranean ✔ Approved
- 60 ft MY looking for a local, shorebased, captain in South Florida
October 8, 2019 ✔ Approved
October 7, 2019 - US Atlantic SE ✔ Approved