Technical Manager - Superyacht
- Date posted:
- February 7, 2020 Faststream Recruitment
- Shore Based Jobs
- €70,000 - €95,000
Our client, a leading yacht management company, is looking to recruit a Technical Manager to join their growing team in Monaco.
As Technical Manager you will report to the Director. You will be responsible for 5-6 vessels and ensure that their technical operations are maintained.
Key responsibilities of the role include budgeting, ensuring that vessels adhere to class and flag requirements and planning Dry Dockings. It will be your responsibility to ensure that work is completed on time, within budget and kept to company standards. During Dry Dockings you will represent the company and supervise, and be responsible for, all work performed under your remit.
The position involves some travel, but is largely based in the Monaco office.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong seagoing experience as Chief Engineer on Yachts
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Shore based experience is preferred but not essential
- Good attention to detail and strong budgeting experience
- It is essential that you have up to date maritime legislation knowledge
- Experience using the IDEA system would be an advantage
- Good IT skills
It is essential that you are fluent in English (additional French/Italian language skills would be beneficial)
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Chief Engineer to take the next step in their career.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.