Captain- 40-45m M/Y, Sydney
- Date posted:
- March 27, 2019 Quest Personnel
- Deck Jobs
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Captain to lead the crew of a 45 meter motor yacht based in Sydney and Melbourne.
It is absolutely essential that you know the Eastern Seaboard and are extremely familiar with the Barrier Reef area.
Our client is seeking a permanent Captain who they hope will be in the role long-term.
As Captain, you are responsible for the total operation of a 45m steel hull super yacht.
You will be in charge of 4 full time staff and act as the CEO of a large prestige super yacht , ensuring that all operations, personnel and a large budget are managed efficiently. You are responsible for the supervision of the crew and all day-to-day operations of the vessel.
This is a private yacht and is not used at any time for charter.
Responsibilities will include:
- Keeping financial records and making and meeting budgets
- Planning and making reservations
- Maintaining a list of of contacts around the globe for parts and services that may be needed to maintain the yacht
- Working closely with the owner and developing a sound understanding of their requirements
The minimum qualifications for a yacht Captain position include:
- 5 years experience as a Chief Officer on an Australian vessel of similar size i.e. 500 tonne
- Current License for a vessel of this size
- A proven record of navigation and particularly experience within the Great Barrier Reef areas
- Management skills
- Public Relations skills
- Exceptional communication and service skills
- Budgeting and accounting skills
- Emergency management
- Engineering knowledge
- Environmental regulations
- Insurance considerations
- Computer literate
It is also essential that you are currently employed in a similar position, on a vessel of a similiar size, and therefore have very current experience.
Salary is highly negotiable commensurate with experience.