AVIT Elec to join superyacht over 110 m with preferably ETO CoC
- Date posted:
- January 18, 2019
- Engineering Jobs
Required Elec/AVIT to join asap in Europe.
Preferably with ETO CoC in hand.
US visa B1/B2 will be required.
Job description as below and not limited to:
The Elect/ AV IT reports to the ETO and deputises him in his temporary absence.
- To carry out tasks as delegated by the ETO.
- To maintain the IT network – servers, switches, routers, WLAN access points, printers, the AV system – AV racks and local equipment, the Security system – CCTV and Door Access Control.
- To manage the crew IT defect reporting list, prioritizing and fault-finding.
- To assist the ETO in meeting the day to day requirements of the Electro-Technical & IT-AV section and report any problems.
- To carry out, and report on, all Planned Maintenance tasks pertaining to the equipment and systems in his charge.
- Carrying out the designated emergency duties as per the vessel’s Muster List.
- To assist in the preparation of requisitions for replenishment of spare parts and materials while maintaining strict recording of parts used.
- To compile a concise monthly report to the Chief Engineer, via the ETO, on the status of the equipment and systems in his charge, highlighting any significant failures or defects, to be submitted no later than the last day of the calendar month.
- To delegate tasks to the Electrical Fitter as required.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on yachts matching the following requirements:
- Yacht sizes: > 70m
- Yacht types: motor
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.