House Manager/All rounder needed for home in Brisbane! (WOHH)
- Date posted:
- June 13, 2018
- Shore Based Jobs
- Do you live in Queensland?
- Looking for your dream House Manager role?
- Work for a lovely family at their beautiful family home!
We have a position available for a House Manager/all-rounder in Brisbane! The role will include house manager duties as well as some other ad hoc tasks for the family. Your core hours will be 7:30am – 6:30pm from Monday to Friday, to allow time to get the two children to school and pick them up, as well as prepare their basic meals. You will have spare time during the day. The family have two cleaners once a week, who you will manage. The family sometimes travel domestically and internationally. You may be required to travel with the family at this time or to stay at the house while they are away. You will be compensated for your overtime. This position is one that will grow over time.
The family consists of the 2 principals and their 2 school aged children. The children are old enough to entertain themselves, but you will be required to help with homework and drive them to school.
General duties will include:
- Supervise cleaners and other domestic staff; ensure housekeeping is kept in an immaculate state at all times
- Organise the domestic bookkeeping for the residence
- Have a great eye for detail and a sharp memory for the Principal preferences
- Organise tradespeople when required
- Plan and organise pest control, building maintenance, carpet cleaning and other scheduled cleaning or maintenance
- Stay over night and travel with the family. Help with travel plans
- Taking the children to and from school and to various activities/playdates
- Shopping for groceries
- Laundry and ironing
- Preparation and cooking of children’s basic meals
The ideal candidate will:
- Worked in a similar role for a busy family
- Be detail oriented and organised
- Have superior laundry/ironing skills
- Have previous experience working with children
- Be mature and confident
- Have a current Australian driver licence
- Have the ability to obtain a Police and Working With Children Check
Salary: dependant on experience
Hours: 7:30am - 6pm with a break during the day. Monday – Friday. With flexibility for overnight and longer trips with the family, as needed
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.