House Manager/Cook for residence in Northern Beaches (HMNC)
- Date posted:
- March 8, 2018
- Shore Based Jobs
- Are you looking for a varied position with great responsibility?
- Are you a confident cook?
- Work for this lovely family!
We are looking for a House Manager/Cook to work in a large residence in Sydney. The position is as House Manager however you need to be confident/happy to cook and clean/change linen and do laundry – so must be flexible! The family spend half of the year in Australia and the other half internationally.
This position requires attention to detail, reliability, adaptability, organizational skills, people supervision skills, ability to listen and work independently.
You will be in responsible for supervision of:
- Pool cleaner
- Window washers
- Builders/Maintenance people
General tasks will include:
- Occasional pick ups/delivery – school/airport, etc.
- Run errands as required – eg. Dry cleaning, etc.
- Answer phone, take messages
- Car/boat maintenance (organize service, take to car wash, etc.)
- Smarthome maintenance
- Bill payment
- Ensure property is clean, sheets, etc. for our arrival
- Check and purchase groceries and household supplies
- Plan and cook meals as required
- Occasional cleaning between cleaners
- Make up beds & change linens as required
- General tidy of rooms
- Sort, wash, load and unload laundry, fold & put away clothes
- Iron and press clothing and linen
- Garbage disposal
- Monitor and report domestic repairs and replacements (close contact with builders)
You must hold a valid Driver’s License, Own Car, Police Check and Working With Children Check.
Hours: Full time. When in town, hours would be approx. 11am-7pm with some weekend work. When out of town, less hours
Salary & Conditions:
A salary commensurate with your level of experience will be offered. You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or citizenship) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Click “APPLY NOW” button at the end of this post and send us your CV in Word format and include an application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent (smiling) photo, indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
If you work with children you are required to hold a “Working With Children Card’. We also need to sight your primary qualification(s), your photo ID and your work permit, so please send these as well
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.