Part Time Housekeeper/Manager & Nanny for Eastern Suburbs! (BASC)
- Date posted:
- February 27, 2018
- Shore Based Jobs
- Are you living in Eastern Suburbs?
- Do you have experience in housekeeping and laundry?
- Are you great with children?
We are looking for an experienced Housekeeper/Manager & Nanny to maintain a high level of organisation within a lovely home in Bronte. You will be required to perform general Housekeeping duties (cleaner comes once a week) as well as having knowledge and confidence in using correct laundry procedures. The ideal candidate will be highly experienced in this field, efficient and know what to do without significant direction and be very comfortable around children.
This lovely family are sadly saying goodbye to their nanny of four years and are seeking a new candidate to support their warm family. They are caring employers and have two children (5 & 7) who are thoughtful, creative, joyful and easy going. They are looking for someone mature, experienced and highly organized who is happy to help out as needed to keep the family and the house running smoothly.
You must have your own car and clean drivers license for this position.
- Keeping the house in a neat, tidy and orderly state
- Organisation of the household and children (activites, bags packed, school uniforms ready etc)
- Keep kitchen clean and tidy after breakfast
- Have a great eye for detail and memory for principal’s preferences
- Responsible for all laundry, washing of any clothes, weekly changing/washing of bed linens & towels etc.
- Folding clothes neatly & putting away all laundry and maintaining cupboard organisation.
- Help with children when needed in mornings for school between 7am-7.45am
- School pick ups and taking to activities
- Packing of school bags and daily sport/swimming/gym bags
- Help with homework/supervision
- Ability to prepare healthy simple dinners
- Food shopping/list of items needed
- Unpacking groceries and general organisation of pantry
- Ad hoc tasks/errands as required
You will possess the following attributes:
- Mature and focused
- Very detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Good initiative
- Capability and diligence
- Excellent Housekeeping and Laundry skills (know which items to be hand washed, knowledge of dryer settings and correct procedures)
- Ability to engage lovingly with the children
- Comfortable cooking nutritious meals
- Professional demeanor
- Confidentiality and discretion
Must hold a Valid Police Check, Working with Children Check and Clean Drivers License.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday from 2.30-6pm. Ideally Monday & Friday mornings from 6.30-8.30am. Potentially later on Wednesday night due to 'date night'. Must be flexible.
Start: 30 April 2018 or sooner for right candidate. Must be willing to commit to MINIMUM 1 year.
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Click on APPLY NOW button and send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. It also helps to have a good quality recent photo and written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.