Deckhand/Mate for 40-m MY based East Coast Australia (DARM)
- Date posted:
- February 9, 2018
- Deck Jobs
- Full-time Live Aboard!
- Looking to work close to home?
- Start ASAP!
This lovely mostly private motoryacht is looking for an experienced Deckhand/Mate to start asap. You will have a minimum of six months’ experience in a similar position and be well versed with all aspects of deck maintenance.
The successful candidate MUST have the following qualifications and experience:
- STCW Basic Safety Training including security awareness
- Powerboat License Level 2
- Seafarers Medical/ENG1
- Minimum 6 months’ experience in a deckhand position
- Deck maintenance, knowledge and skills including line handling, tender driving
- Experience in watch-keeping
- Must be able to work autonomously
Salary: Circa A$3,500 per month depending on experience. 30 days leave per year.
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent photo, indicate the validity date of your ENG1, your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
MLC regulations now require us to sight your primary qualification, your photo ID and your ENG1. So please send these also.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Mate/Deckhand ~50 M/Y CA
August 18, 2018 ✔ Approved
- Mate/Deckhand/Personal Assistant ~75 M/Y NJ
August 13, 2018 ✔ Approved
- Relief deck hand and Reilef chief mate
August 6, 2018 - Hong Kong ✔ Approved
- Mate/Deckhand on Luxury Private Charter Yacht in New York/New Jersey
July 24, 2018 - Jersey City, NJ ✔ Approved