Housekeeper needed for 3 hours P/W in South Yarra! (SYCH)
- Date posted:
- March 2, 2018
- Shore Based Jobs
- Are you an experienced housekeeper?
- Have great organisational skills & initiative?
- Looking for a few extra hours per week?
We are currently searching for an experienced Housekeeper to help with the maintenance and general upkeep of one bedroom apartment in South Yarra. The principal works full-time and is seeking a professional Housekeeper who can look after their home with integrity and discretion. The position is so start at 5pm any afternoon for 3 hours to accomodate pick ups/deliveries to the residence.
- Clean bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, laundry etc
- Vacuum floors
- Making the bed
- Basic laundry (towels and bedsheets into machine, then hanging to dry)
- Organising/preparing ironing for the ironing lady to pick up/receive back
- Online shopping for groceries and household supplies
- Organising delivery times for shopping to match when at residence
The ideal candidate will:
- Have proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Have knowledge of correct laundering procedures
- Have an excellent eye for detail and memory for the Principals preferences
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently
- Be confident, reliable and mature
- Be fluent in English
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Salary: $35 per hour
Hours: 3 hours a week to start. Starting at 5pm any evening of the week.
Start: As soon as the right person is found!
Send us your CV in Word format and include an application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Ensure you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.