Full Time Executive Housekeeper/Cook for Palm Beach residences! (PLBC)
- Date posted:
- January 31, 2018
- Shore Based Jobs
- Are you an experienced Housekeeper and confident with cooking?
- Are you seeking a full-time varied role?
- Work in the beautiful Palm Beach area!
We are currently searching for an experienced Executive Housekeeper/Cook to work in a gorgeous, large residence in the beautiful area of Palm Beach with a family of five. The role is quite varied and will require the successful candidate to perform Housekeeping and Cooking duties as well as ad-hoc tasks as requested and assisting the nanny as required. This will be a very fast-paced and busy role and the Principals need someone who can take initiative and be flexible.
General duties will include:
- General housekeeper tasks, solely responsible for cleanliness/tidiness of two properties
- Laundry/ironing duties
- Preparing & cooking all meals (breakfast, packed lunches for the children and dinners)
- Shopping for provisions and ensuring household is fully stocked
- Assisting the nanny in the afternoon with the children
- Running errands
- Ad-hoc tasks for the family as required
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous Housekeeping experience
- Have knowledge of correct cleaning and laundry procedures
- Be a confident cook - you will be required to prepare and cook meals
- Be comfortable working alongside children
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be mature and confident
- Be detail oriented with a memory for the Principals preferences
- Live reasonably locally
- Have a current Australian driver’s license (clean)
- Have the ability to obtain or already hold a Police and Working With Children Check
- First Aid would be advantageous
Hours: Monday - Thursday. 7.30am - 6.30pm
Salary: Generous package on offer. $35+ for right candidate with a long term commitment
Start: As soon as the right person is found!
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Click on APPLY NOW button and send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. It also helps to have a good quality recent photo and written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.