ETO for Exciting New Build (shore-based) 140-m M/Y (XIIM)
- January 29, 2018
- Engineering Jobs
- Euro 5.000 per month
Land Based contract until end of 2018, thereafter FULL ROTATION!
Are you a holder of ETO CoC III/6 or higher?
Are you a European citizen and/or having working rights in Europe?
We are looking for an experienced and qualified ETO to join a great one of the most exciting new builds this year.
Based in the shipyard in Germany a shared furnished apartment will be provided until the end of 2018 when this position will enjoy a FULL ROTATION! You must be able to live and work in the EU for the duration of 2018.
Qualifications & Desired Attributes:
- ETO CoC III/6 or higher
- STCW Basic Training
- Security awareness or designated security duties certificate
- Seafarers Medical
- No Visible tattoos
The successful Candidate will have:
- Previous experience in similar position on 100m+ yachts, passenger ships, cruise or ferry.
- Yard and new build experience preferable, Class/Flag surveys experience on passenger ships
- Able to lead electrical projects including writing detailed specs, reviewing quotes, following-up work execution and final commissioning in an organized, documented and trackable way
- Working according to the highest safety and security standards (risk assessments, permits to work, work procedures, lockout-tagout, HV Isolation Procedure, etc..)
- Good communication skills in order to report about technical aspects and maintain excellent relationship with working partners (colleagues, yards, contractors, suppliers, superintendents…)
- Confident, experienced and able to work independently in various areas.
- Able to work front to Guests and good at finding solutions under pressure.
- High work ethic, consideration for details, keeping neat and tidy workplaces
- Able to work as team with other Ship’s Departments
- Must have a professional appearance
- Must be able to demonstrate positive behaviors, smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to work 7 days a week when needed
- It may be required to perform other related duties as assigned or as directed.
- Proficiency in following (operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading of the systems)
- General Automation PLC`s, WAGO, ABB, SIEMENS, Frequency Converters
- Wartsila Generators 6.6kV, HV switchboard`s 6.6 kV and switching gear
- Ship’s automation and monitoring systems, Integrated bridge and communication system
- Radar, GMDSS Equipment, VSAT, TVRO Antennas
- ER equipment (motors, hydraulic, HVAC, refrigeration, FW production, sewage treatment, etc..)
- Ships safety systems: Sprinkler, fire detection, PA/GA, fire doors controls, watertight door controls
- Hotel professional equipment: galley equipment, laundry equipment, deck equipment, elevators
- KNX Lightning control, Creston control, Sliding automatic doors, pantograph doors, sun blinds.
- Pool Equipment, Jacuzzi Equipment, Platforms, Shell Doors, Gangways
- Emergency Power Systems, UPS`s, Rectifiers for 24 VDC Control System, Emergency Switchboard
- Inventories of spare parts, AMOS software, purchasing.
- Responsible for the maintenance/repair of Electrical systems onboard as directed by the Chief ETO
- Reporting to Chief ETO
Salary: €5.000/month, 30 days leave and 2 return flights per year. Based on a 5-day working week.
Start date: April 2018
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.