3rd Engineer for exciting large New Build in Europe - BOOM
- Date posted:
- January 29, 2018
- Engineering Jobs
- 6.500 Euro per month
Incredible opportunity for large New Build Motoryacht in Europe!
- Are you a European citizen and/or having working rights in Europe?
- Land Based contract until end of 2018, thereafter FULL ROTATION!
- Are you a holder of EOOW III/1 or Y4 Unlimited?
We are looking for a 3rd Engineer to join a great one of the most exciting new builds this year.
Based in the shipyard in Europe a shared furnished apartment will be provided until the end of 2018 when this position will enjoy a FULL ROTATION!
You must be able to live and work in the EU for the duration of 2018.
Your main duties will include working with HVAC systems and reporting to the 2nd Engineer and ultimately the Chief Engineer.
Qualifications & Desired Attributes:
- Y4 Unlimited and/or EOOW III/1
- STCW Basic Training
- Security awareness or designated security duties certificate
- Seafarers Medical
- No Visible tattoos
The successful Candidate will have:
- Previous experience in similar position on 100m+ yacht or passenger ships (cruise ship, ferry)
- Senior Officer with team managing capabilities
- Shipyard and new build experience
- Class/Flag surveys experience on passenger ships
- Working according to the highest safety and security standards (risk assessments, permits to work, work procedures, …)
- Good communication skills in order to report about technical aspects and maintain excellent relationship with working partners (yards, contractors, suppliers, superintendents, …)
- Proactive to problems and good at finding solutions under pressure
- High work ethic, consideration for details, keeping neat and tidy workplaces
Your duties will include:
- Fuel and Lubricants: bunkering, sampling, treatment, transfer, monitoring
- All Engine Room systems: FW, SW, Ballast, Sewage, Compressed Air, Refrigeration, …
- All Safety Systems: Fire, Bilge, Hi-Fog, Life boats davits, Watertight Doors, …
- Hydraulic Systems: shell doors, cranes, gangways, steering gear, stabilizers
- Luxury Hotel plumbing: mixers, regulating valves, thermostats, Evac toilets
- Ship’s automation, alarm and monitoring systems
- Hospitality professional equipment: galley, laundry, pantries
Salary: €6.500/month, 30 days leave and 2 return flights per year. Based on a 5-day working week.
Start date: March 2018
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Engineer/Deckhand 30m
November 17, 2018 ✔ Approved
- 3rd/4th Engineer (Rotational) for Private 100m+ M/Y World Travelling - DSSM
November 15, 2018 - Worldwide ✔ Approved
November 14, 2018 ✔ Approved
- Y3 Engineer
November 13, 2018 - East Coast ✔ Approved
- Junior Engineer – 60m Expedition M/Y - Australia
November 12, 2018 - Australia ✔ Approved