Executive Housekeeper/Cook needed in the Hills District! (WPCH)
- Date posted:
- January 25, 2018
- Shore Based Jobs
- Are you an experienced housekeeper?
- Confident with cooking?
- Work in a beautiful family home!
We are currently searching for an experienced Executive Housekeeper to work in a gorgeous, large property in the Northern Sydney area of West Pennant Hills. The role is quite varied and will require the successful candidate to perform Housekeeping and Cooking duties as well as ad-hoc tasks as requested. This will be a very fast-paced and busy role and the Principals need someone who can take initiative and be flexible.
General duties will include:
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness of the residence
- Carry out with care, all laundry and ironing with a sound knowledge of fabric specifications
- Attend to special requests as dictated by the owners
- Carry out any grocery shopping or errands outside the home as directed by the owners
- Maintain the residence and stock pantry with food and cleaning items
- Ensure the smooth and efficient management of the residence by providing an organised household.
- Food preparation, serving food and food safety.
- Identify maintenance issues and report to owners
- Tend to flowers and plants within the residence
The ideal candidate will:
- Be immaculately presented
- Work unsupervised, unobtrusively and professionally
- Well organized, with good attention to detail
- Have a pleasant and peaceful demeanour
- Willingness to undertake a variety of tasks when required
- Discretion, honesty and confidentiality
- Must have driver’s license and own car to run errands
Hours: Full time, 38 hours per week. Monday – Friday 10am-6pm.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Start: As soon as the right person is found!
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. It also helps to have a good quality recent photo and written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.