Full Time Houseboat Captain for Silverton Casino in Las Vegas
- January 15, 2018
- Deck Jobs
- Las Vegas, NV
Are you an Experienced and Self-Motivated Boat Captain?
Silverton Casino, LLC in Las Vegas, NV currently has a unique opportunity for a Full Time Houseboat Captain to operate our beautiful 70 FT Yacht on Lake Mead!
This position requires someone who is dedicated, dependable, holds a exceptional sailing record and has a passion for guest service.
General Summary of Job Duties
The Houseboat Captain is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the yacht, maintenance, andoperating the yacht safely offshore.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Directly oversee the daily operation of the houseboat up to and including maintenance
- Full time position that has roving days off depending on houseboat schedule
- Responsible for completing and/or overseeing of all maintenance needs, including the keeping of a log of such needs to adhere to USCG standards
- Captain will maintain a USCG captains license and keep up to date on any and all USCG amendments
- Maintain a safe working environment per USCG standards
- Train crew on proper safety procedures / protocols, including a safety briefing for guests
- Assist in required safety inspections
- Assist in establishing Safety / Emergency procedure and protocols
- Act as a Safety Diver when needed up to and including maintenance of SCUBA gear when needed
- Run the Houseboat crew with efficiency and professionalism
- Check for proper identification of a guest appearing to be under the age of 30 years old.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Managers.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Team Members, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts/events is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.