Shore Based Yacht Manager and Accountant
- February 12, 2018
- Shore Based Jobs
- £ DOE, good package
We are currently working with a professional and expanding Superyacht Management Company based in the UK to find a Yacht Manager with a background in accounting or bookkeeping.
UK, South Coast based, Expanding with a good reputation, Currently managing large Superyachts are looking for a Purser, Yacht Manager/ Accountant to join there office based team
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Purser, Yacht Manager or accountant/bookkeeper to move into t ashore based role within the Superyachting industry.
As Yacht Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Directors with attaining the companies managed Yachts' operational and accounting goals, objectives and budgets
- preparing and reviewing the yachts budgets,revenue, expenses, payroll entries, invoices and other accounting documents. Preparing profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports, ledger accounts and transactions
- Maintaining a list of approved suppliers, liaising between the yachts and vendors for supplies, managing the entire purchasing process.
- Participation in on-board audit teams and external audits
- Fee proposal for the companies services, obtaining insurance quotes and managing claims, Assisting the crew of the yachts with all on-board arrangements such as berthing, fuelling, crew requirements, travel arrangements, logistics and cruising plans, checking qualifications, visa's, payroll and monitoring rotations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional accounting qualifications or relevant experience in accounting and bookkeeping
- Relevant experience within the yachting industry as Purser, Captain, or Yacht Manager
- Understanding of the yachting or cruise industry
- Strong organisation, delegation and interpersonal skills
- excellent computer and administration skills
- Fluent in English and able to legally Work in the UK
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work ashore with an expanding company, enjoy an attractive package in £. Candidates must have the existing right to live and work in the UK.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.