Small Cruise Line Stewardess
- December 5, 2017
- Interior Jobs
- $65/Day plus tips
- United States East Coast
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsibilities include dining room service, housekeeping, passenger safety and customer service.
DINING ROOM SERVICE
Rotational dining room/galley schedule includes serving passenger meals and galley dishwashing duties
- Set up dining room for all meals
- Serve meals
- Bus tables during and after meals
- Clean up dining room
- Dish washing and drying
- Various kitchen duties
Daily cleaning of passenger cabins and public areas
- Clean bathrooms
- Change linens (towels every other day, bed linens mid-trip)
- Empty trash
- Make beds
- Dining Room
- Public Bathroom
- Participate in special activities, cocktail parties, etc. as directed by the Cruise Director
- Follow proper food handling techniques and galley sanitation procedures
- Assist Chefs in galley preparation and clean up when needed
- Responsible for responding to safety drills and actual emergencies. Such emergencies can include fire, man overboard, abandon ship, etc.
- Physical Requirements: Physical strength and stamina. Must be able to climb or descend ladderways, and fit into tight spaces such as hatches. Ability to work long hours (on average 12 hours) 7 days a week.
- Must have a valid US Passport
- Must be at least 18 years of age, and a US citizen (or eligible to work in the U.S.).
- High school or college education preferred.
- Related experience preferred.
- Must possess communication and interpersonal skills, be able to live and work with others in tight working and living environment
- Possess positive, customer-oriented attitude
Immediate supervisor is the Hotel Manager
The recruiter can only accept applications from candidates from USA and Canada.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.