Land Based New Build AV-IT Officer for 140-m M/Y (ABAM)
- Date posted:
- March 27, 2018
- Engineering Jobs, Specialist Jobs
- Euro 6.500 pm
Incredible opportunity for large New Build Motoryacht in Europe!
- Are you a European citizen and/or having working rights in Europe?
- Land Based contract until end of 2018!
- ETO CoC (new regulation III/6 or III/7 preferred)
We are looking for an experienced AV-IT Officer to join a great one of the most exciting new builds this year. Based in the shipyard in Germany, shared furnished apartment will be provided until the end of 2018.
You will have previous experience in a similar position onboard 100-m+ yachts, passenger/cruise ships or high speed ferries and new build experience will be favourable.
Qualifications & Desired Attributes:
- ETO CoC III/6 or III/7
- STCW Basic Training
- Security awareness or designated security duties certificate
- Seafarers Medical
- No Visible tattoos
The successful Candidate will have:
- Previous experience in similar position on 100m+ yachts, passenger ships, cruise or ferry.
- Yard and new build experience preferable
- Able to lead AV-IT projects, writing detailed specs, reviewing quotes, monitoring budget, following-up work execution and final commissioning in an organized, documented and trackable way
- Working according to the highest safety and security standards (risk assessments, permits to work, work procedures, lockout-tagout, …)
- Good communication skills in order to report about technical aspects and maintain excellent relationship with working partners (colleagues, yards, contractors, suppliers, superintendents…)
- Confident, experienced and advance knowledge of AV-IT Equipment
- Proactive to problems and good at finding solutions under pressure and be able to work independently on AV-IT Systems.
- Able to find solutions on systems upgrades and troubleshooting
- Able to work front to Guests and setup network, devices, entertainment system upon Guests request
- High work ethic, consideration for details, keeping neat and tidy workplaces
- Able to work as team with other Ship’s Departments
- Must have a professional appearance
- Must be able to demonstrate positive behaviors, smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to work 7 days a week when needed
- It may be required to perform other related duties as assigned or as directed.
Proficiency in following
(operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading of the system)
- Communication: VSAT/TVRO/ GSM/, Fleet Broadband, Iridium, Inmarsat, GMDSS, UHF
- Enterprise IT systems: Networks, Virtual machines, Clients, Phone systems and Wi-Fi
- Configuring and maintain Cisco network switches, routers, and VPN with Firewall
- AV control systems: Control processors, Interfaces (KNX, DMX,) and user’s iPad Devices
- AV sources and distribution system: IPTV Management, DVB-S, Crestron NVX, AVOD, Satellite TV
- Ships security systems (CCTV, DACS, UPS)
- Ships sound system, TVs, TV lifts, cinema + projectors
- Advance level of proficiency in repair, troubleshooting and assisting users on software, hardware, connectivity issues, installing, configuring of AV-IT Equipment.
- AV-IT management: inventories, system condition monitoring, purchasing
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of AV-IT systems onboard as directed by the Chief ETO
- Reporting to Chief ETO
Salary: €6.500/month, 30 days leave and 1 return flight per year. Based on a 5-day working week.
Start date: February 2018
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Deckhand - #9797
April 22, 2018 ✔ Approved
- Dynamic Stewardess required for 60m Private M/Y (STTL)
April 21, 2018 - Mediterranean ✔ Approved
- 3rd Officer
April 21, 2018 ✔ Approved
- Second Stewardess for 44m Private and Charter
April 21, 2018 ✔ Approved
- Senior/Lead Service Stewardess
April 21, 2018 - Spain/France/Italy ✔ Approved