Deckhand / Dive Instructor
We are looking for an experienced Deckhand / Diver Instructor to work on deck as instructed by the Bosun and provide the owners and guests with a safe and enjoyable diving experience.
Duties will include –
- Participate in the general maintenance of the exterior of the Yacht
- Paint repairs on the exterior with a general knowledge of the Awlgrip paint system.
- Varnish appropriate deck areas as directed by Bosun.
- Coxswain for tenders
- Ensure continuous readiness of all tenders and dive equipment.
- Service scuba gear as required.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of tenders and associated equipment.
- Participate in mooring and anchoring operations.
- Duty watch as assigned by the on-board duty roster.
- Instruct PADI courses to guests including children as required.
- Complete maintenance routines on dive equipment with the Dive Master.
Knowledge & experience required –
- 2 year of PADI or equivalent Open Water Scuba Diver Instructor experience.
- Current in First Aid and Emergency Oxygen Administration.
- 2 to 3 years dive experience with private clients.
- Experience in scuba equipment servicing.
- Knowledge of Awlgrip paint systems and care.
- Knowledge of varnishing and on deck cleaning products.
- Experience in small boat handling.
- Marine based operational background.
- Underwater videography.
- Experience of mooring large yachts.
- Previous leadership or management experience.
- PADI Scuba Diver Instructor certificate
- Gas blending Certificate.
- 3 years deckhand experience on private yachts/cruise lines in similar position/function
- Valid STCW
- Valid ENG1
- Valid B1/B2
- Valid Passport
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.