STCW Security Awareness
£120 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Security Awareness
- Training School:
- Sea And Land Training (SALT) Services Ltd.
- Edinburgh, Lothian, United Kingdom
The aim of the course is to provide seafarers with the necessary knowledge, understanding and proficiency to protect and maintain their own and others’ security at sea in accordance with international regulations.
- Understand the importance of ship security.
- Reasons for development of the ISPS Code.
- Threats to the Maritime Industry
- Outline relevant conventions codes and recommendations related to Maritime Security
- Recognise Maritime Security Definitions.
- Identify the Company Security Officer, Ship Security Officer and Port Facility Security Officer
- Outline measures and procedures for the different security levels on board.
- Understand and recognise the Ship Security Plan
- Recognise the three Security Levels and follow instructions associated with them.
- Understand the importance of Drills and Training
By the end of this module each student will be able to demonstrate:
- The importance of ship security and the roles of those involved in its provision.
- Understand the requirements and measures to maintain ship security.
- The ability to recognise and report a security threat.
CALL US ON 0131 510 0321 FOR MORE INFORMATION
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 2nd February 2018
- 16th February 2018
- 2nd March 2018
- 16th March 2018
- 30th March 2018
- 13th April 2018
- 27th April 2018
- 11th May 2018
- 25th May 2018
- 8th June 2018
- 22nd June 2018
- 6th July 2018
- 20th July 2018
- 10th August 2018
- 24th August 2018