Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
£252 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- Sea And Land Training (SALT) Services Ltd.
- Edinburgh, Lothian, United Kingdom
- 1 day
To give those undertaking designated security duties on board ship, the essential education and training meeting the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following STCW table. This supports the Chapter XI-2 of the annex to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 1974, as amended and the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
- Know why ship security is important and know the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved.
- Know what constitutes security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations.
- Know the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
- Know how to maintain the measures in a ship security plan and related requirements.
- Be able to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
CALL US ON 0131 510 0321 FOR MORE INFORMATION