Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
£240 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- Sea And Land Training (SALT) Services Ltd.
- Edinburgh, Lothian, United Kingdom
- 1 day
To give those undertaking designated security duties on board ship, the essential education and training meeting the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following STCW table. This supports the Chapter XI-2 of the annex to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 1974, as amended and the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
- Know why ship security is important and know the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved.
- Know what constitutes security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations.
- Know the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
- Know how to maintain the measures in a ship security plan and related requirements.
- Be able to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
CALL US ON 0131 510 0321 FOR MORE INFORMATION
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 24th January 2018
- 7th February 2018
- 21st February 2018
- 7th March 2018
- 21st March 2018
- 4th April 2018
- 18th April 2018
- 2nd May 2018
- 16th May 2018
- 30th May 2018
- 13th June 2018
- 27th June 2018
- 11th July 2018
- 25th July 2018
- 15th August 2018