Proficiency in Security Awareness
- Course Type:
- Security Awareness
- Training School:
- LJMU Maritime Centre
- Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
Proficiency in Security Awareness Course (STCW A-VI/6-1)
Classroom theory sessions with some group exercises.
MCA as per the STCW Code sectionA-VI/6-1
This course provides training in security awareness for all personnel and is mandatory for all crew joining a ship to which the ISPS Code applies. The course covers the following learning outcomes:
- Importance of ship security and the roles of those involved in its provision.
- Requirements and measures to maintain ship security.
- Recognise and report a security threat.
This course can be delivered in conjunction with the Basic Safety Training Courses (PST, PSSR, EFA and FP&FF) but can also be booked as a standalone course. Based upon company requirements, LJMU can also offer this course offsite.
Upon successful completion of the course, the candidates will be issued with a MCA approved course certificate which may be checked during port state control inspections. Holders of this certificate are not allowed to be assigned any designated security duties when on-board ships.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 14th May 2018 (12 places)
- 6th June 2018 (12 places)
- 25th July 2018 (12 places)
- 22nd August 2018 (12 places)