STCW Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher Course
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting
- Training School:
- Mediterranean Maritime Research and Training Centre
- Marsa, Malta
- 1 day
Based on IMO Model Course 2.03, the Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher is designed for Emergency Response fire team leaders on board ships; this training helps refresh fire team leaders’ skills and gives adequate knowledge to a team leader to lead a fire team during a hazardous situation onboard involving the different fire situations.
Moreover candidates are updated with latest development concerning different classes of fires onboard and how various emergencies were dealt with.
Pre-requisites - A STCW Basic Safety Training Certificate, or, A valid Certificate of Competence as a Deck/Engine Room Officer
Class Limitation - The Class Size is limited to 12 persons.
Certification - MMRTC will issue Transport Malta approved Certificate on the merit of full attendance and written assessment.
Course Structure -
- Theory of combustion.
- Fire behaviour, fire prevention & classification of fire.
- Control of Fires.
- Compartment fire fighting techniques.
- Inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishing substances, fire extinguishers and equipment.
- Fire fighting drills, organize and train fire parties
- Fire fighting command structure and leadership.
- Awareness of dangerous goods and susceptible cargoes.
- Search and recovery of casualties.
- Machinery space fire fighting.
- Fixed firefighting systems.
- Fire men outfit and breathing apparatus.
- Ship’s structure and Stability integrity.
- Fire detection equipment and investigation.
- Liaison with Fire & Rescue Services
- Accident report analysis
A STCW Basic Safety Training Certificate
A valid Certificate of Competence as a Deck/Engine Room Officer