STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness
- Course Type:
- Security Awareness
- Training School:
- Falmouth Training Solutions Ltd
- Falmouth, Cornwall, United Kingdom
The STCW Convention and Code as has been amended by the Manila amendments (2010) contains new requirements regarding security training. All personnel employed or engaged on board ships to which the ISPS Code applies, require this training to gain the knowledge, understanding and proficiency to work on ships without designated security duties.
- An awareness of the importance of ship security and the roles of those involved in its provisions;
- An awareness of the requirements and measures needed to maintain ship security;
- An ability to recognise and report a security threat.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 9th October 2018 (12 places)
- 6th November 2018 (12 places)
- 4th December 2018 (12 places)