STCW Personal Survival Techniques (Update)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- Falmouth Training Solutions Ltd
- Falmouth, Cornwall, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Teaches the actions to be taken by individuals to protect themselves in emergency situations. The first session is classroom based covering theoretical elements. The second session is practical training using life jackets, survival suits and inflatable life rafts in the pool.
- Types of emergency situations such as collision, fire, sinking;
- Types of life-saving appliances normally carried on ships;
- Equipment in survival craft;
- Location of personal life-saving appliances;
- Principles concerning survival.
Practical instruction will include
- Donning a life jacket;
- Donning and use an immersion suit;
- Safely jumping from a height into the water;
- Righting an inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket;
- Swimming while wearing a life jacket;
- Keeping afloat;
- Boarding a life raft from ship and water while wearing a life jacket;
- Taking initial actions on boarding a life raft to enhance chance of survival;
- Streaming a drogue or sea anchor;
- Operating location devices, including radio equipment.