STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- Course Type:
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- Falmouth Training Solutions Ltd
- Falmouth, Cornwall, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Teaches the actions to be taken by individuals to protect themselves in emergency situations. The first session is classroom based covering theoretical elements. The second session is practical training using life jackets, survival suits and inflatable life rafts in the pool.
This course is part of the mandatory basic safety training courses, which also include: Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities and Elementary First Aid.
The course is included in our STCW Basic Safety Training Week.
- Types of emergency situations such as collision, fire, sinking;
- Types of life-saving appliances normally carried on ships;
- Equipment in survival craft;
- Location of personal life-saving appliances;
- Principles concerning survival.
Practical instruction will include
- Donning a life jacket;
- Donning and use an immersion suit;
- Safely jumping from a height into the water;
- Righting an inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket;
- Swimming while wearing a life jacket;
- Keeping afloat;
- Boarding a life raft from ship and water while wearing a life jacket;
- Taking initial actions on boarding a life raft to enhance chance of survival;
- Streaming a drogue or sea anchor;
- Operating location devices, including radio equipment.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 9th April 2018 (11 places)
- 19th May 2018 (12 places)
- 9th June 2018 (12 places)
- 21st July 2018 (12 places)
- 8th September 2018 (12 places)
- 13th October 2018 (12 places)
- 10th November 2018 (12 places)
- 8th December 2018 (12 places)