STCW Basic Safety Training Week
- Course Type:
- STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Falmouth Training Solutions Ltd
- Falmouth, Cornwall, United Kingdom
- 5 days
This course cover all the elements for a basic understanding of staying safe at sea through practical examples to help individuals learn how to handle different types of emergencies at sea.
This qualification has five mandatory components:
1. Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
A classroom-based course covering basic induction training in safety procedures and accident prevention, it also familiarises novices with the employment conditions and working environment on board.
2. Proficiency in Security Awareness.
The STCW Convention and Code as has been amended by the Manila amendments (2010) contains new requirements regarding security training. All personnel employed or engaged on board ships to which the ISPS Code applies, require this training to gain the knowledge, understanding and proficiency to work on ships without designated security duties.
3. Personal Survival Techniques
Teaches the actions to be taken by individuals to protect themselves in emergency situations. The first session is classroom based covering theoretical elements. The second session is practical training using life jackets, survival suits and inflatable life rafts in the pool.
4. Elementary First Aid
This one day course teaches basic first aid and life-saving skills with a balance of theory and practical work during training. It is designed to meet the minimum requirement for familiarisation and basic safety training for seafarers with designated emergency duties.
5. Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
Outlines precautions for minimising the risk of fire, the causes of fires and how to extinguish them. Also practical training using fire fighting equipment and breathing apparatus in our purpose built unique fire fighting training facility in Cornwall. Realistic scenarios allow students to practise extinguishing various types and sizes of fires.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 9th April 2018 (12 places)
- 15th May 2018 (12 places)
- 5th June 2018 (12 places)
- 17th July 2018 (12 places)
- 4th September 2018 (12 places)
- 9th October 2018 (12 places)
- 6th November 2018 (12 places)
- 4th December 2018 (12 places)