STCW95 Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
£100 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Training School:
- 54 North Maritime Training
- Whitby, United Kingdom
Our Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR) course, accredited by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA), develops competencies in emergency procedures, mitigation of pollution, on-board protocols, working practices and contingency planning. This course also provides real knowledge and expertise from experienced maritime trainers with very broad operational experience.
STCW’95 PSSR is one of the four compulsory modules required for employment on all commercial vessels, fishing boats and ‘super yachts’ over 24 metres in length.
This course allows students to access the skills and expertise that we have acquired from years of operational experience in maritime operational tasks and delivering training on the subject matter. Our course exceeds industry requirements and has opportunities to talk with experienced maritime personnel. All training aids, equipment and hand-outs are provided.
- Compliance with emergency procedures
- Precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment
- Safe working practices
- Understand/receive orders
- Effective human relationships on board ship
- Typical emergencies
- Knowledge of shipboard contingency plans for responses to emergencies
- Emergency signals and specific duties allocated to crew members in the muster list; muster stations; correct use of personal safety equipment
- Action to take on discovering potential emergencies, including fire, collision, foundering and water ingress
- Action to take on hearing emergency alarm signals
- Value of training and drills
- Knowledge of escape routes and internal communication and alarm systems
- Effect of operational or accidental pollution of the marine environment
- Basic environmental protection procedures
- Importance of adhering to safe working practices at all times
- Safety/protective devices available to protect against hazards aboard ship
- Precautions to be taken prior to entering enclosed spaces
- Familiarisation with international measures concerning accident prevention and occupational health
- Importance of maintaining good human working relationships aboard ship
- Social responsibilities (employment conditions; individual rights and obligations; dangers of drug and alcohol abuse etc)
This half day course is held at our training facility in Whitby, North Yorkshire. The facility includes a modern, fully equipped training room with comprehensive training equipment.
An STCW'95 approved certificate (MCA) Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities will be issued upon successful completion of the course.